Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Relinking - Ignores Files

I have a project with approx 500 clips and around 8 hours of footage.

I just re-opened the project and noticed the little yellow triangle agaist the event, and sure enough one of my multicam angles is 'missing camera'.

I tracked down the file that's missing, and in the Original Media folder it's the only file with .FinalCutCopy as the extension. Hmmm....

So I try to tell FCP to relink the media but there is nothing in the dialog for me to select to relink to. I woudl have thought any off line clip should have been listed here. But apparently not. Under what circumstance will a missing clip not be listed here?

So next, I try to delete the (missing) clip from the event (it does dissapear) and re-import the clip from the original card media. I select the clip in the import dialog and choose to import the selected clip. The import happened a little too quick for my liking, so I checked the file was present, and no, it's not. It;s as if FCPX is thinking it already has the file, so no point copying it again.

I've tried all sorts to re-import this file and each time FCPX refuses.

It DOES import to a new event, but I can't move the file from any new event in to this one.

What am I supposed to do now?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:35 PM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2012 1:39 PM in response to Dave_E_P

in the Original Media folder it's the only file with .FinalCutCopy as the extension.

Can you post a screen shot of this?

So I try to tell FCP to relink the media but there is nothing in the dialog for me to select to relink to.

There are two options, two tabs, in the relink function, either missing or available.

re-import the clip from the original card media.

Did you use the reimport from camera function to do this?

Relinking - Ignores Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.