Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The slot loading CD/DVD drive in my iMac model4,1 will not eject disks. I have replaced the drive but still I can not eject. How do I solve this problem?

The slot loading CD/DVD drive in my iMac model 4,1 will not eject disks. I replaced the drive but still I can not eject. How do I solve this problem?

Hal

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:48 PM

5 replies

Nov 13, 2012 3:00 PM in response to Hal Frederick

So if I have it correct you replaced the SuperDrive and it was working, or it took in the first CD that you tried and did nothing? Also where did you buy the replacement drive, is it new or used?

The last thing that I can think of to try before opening the iMac back up and trying another Drive, is to reset the SMC and Pram as per what I suggested to matty76 in this thread. > CD/DVD Issue: Apple Support Communities

The slot loading CD/DVD drive in my iMac model4,1 will not eject disks. I have replaced the drive but still I can not eject. How do I solve this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.