Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ring tone *to long*?

I purchased a ring tone from iTunes. Renamed it *m4r*. Went to sync it to my iPhone 4s but get the error message, Bones ring tone cannot be synced due to it being to long.

I'm lost 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 3:35 PM

If you purchased the ring tone from iTunes in the Ring Tones section, there should have been no need to change it's file type.

Why exactly did you change the file to m4r?

4 replies

Nov 13, 2012 6:52 PM in response to NanaReefer

That's correct, so if the 'ringtone' you purchased was over the 40 second limit it would not allow it, which again though raises the question, which section of iTunes did you purchase this from?

As no actual ringtone would exceed that limit.

I may be incorrect here, but I was under the belief that Tones could only be purchased on the device itself

Ring tone *to long*?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.