Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Pro but Battery Health 97%?

I recently bought a MacBook Pro 13inch just last thursday and I came to notice in the iStat Pro Battery Info the Battery Health is 97%. Is this normal? Number of Cyles are 7.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:45 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. I just got a new MacBook Pro a few weeks ago, and, after 22 charges, the health % has fluctuated between 91 and 100%.

8 replies

Nov 17, 2012 9:27 AM in response to Thno

Be aware that "health" cn be "current charge" or "max possible charge".

As Steve Ar said, both can vary a bit.

My MBP (see attached image from Cononut Battery Monitor, User uploaded file

This can be downloaded from macupdate.com)

My MBP has been powered constantly for the last few day, but has dropped to 95%. It does this to prevent the "constant use" of the recharge circuits, and will recharge itself to 100% when it drops below 95%. Also the max charge is more than design, but will not stay at that max charge ... it will change a litlle even rising fromover 7000 mAh occasionally.

To keep your battery healthy, do NOT run it dead. That kills LithiumIon batteries. You need to exercise those LithiumIons sometimes or they get fat and lazy. Use the system on battery only at least once a month, down to 50% or 60% and then recharge.

Also note that the life-limit of LI batteries is about 1000 cycles (each full charge is 1 cycle, 2 charges from 50% to 100% is 1 cycle, etc). It can exceed that, but the closer yo get to 1000 to more likely it is to need replacing.

Nov 17, 2012 5:56 PM in response to steve359

User uploaded file

I am using coconutbattery as well. So far I have let the battery go down to %0 twice one was to calibrate and the other a mistake(I wonder is this why the health is 96%?). I am mostly connected to power but I use it without power but it doesn't drop below 80%. I will keep in mind your advice on how to keep it running well! You seem to be taking care of it pretty well!

Nov 18, 2012 12:21 AM in response to steve359

i have a macbook pro 2011 early....the last 2 weeks my battery health 91% 420 cycles goes to 83 % with 450 cycles and i don't play games!

the last weeks i charged them to 100% and them recharged to 0% (according to apple i must do it for maximum efficiency)

also i put protector stick under it....

the only thing i do is safari - iwork - another busnss apps

i buy it from apple at january 2011

please help me

New MacBook Pro but Battery Health 97%?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.