Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad4 running hot

I received my iPad 4 on November 1st. I returned it today because it was running hot. My new that I received (retail swap) is doing the ex act same thing. Is anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 4:47 PM

5 replies

Nov 13, 2012 5:27 PM in response to Knottyqdread

I think the important thing here is that you are experiencing it. The iPad should not run "hot". When the 3rd gen IPad was released there were some reports of the device getting too hot. Bigger batteries, faster processors, etc .... The two newest iPad models will get warmer than the first two versions got, but under no circumstances should the devices get "hot".

If it is too hot for you to handle comfortably, return it and get another one.

Dec 1, 2012 2:46 PM in response to Knottyqdread

I have an ipad 3, it gets acceptably warm. My girlfriend bought an ipad 4 and it got very hot (could hardly hold it)! Even when just surfing and not playing 3D games. I took it back and demanded a refund and got one.

I don't think this was normal. I will probably get another and try that. Any hotter than ipad 3 is unacceptable to me. Anyone know if all ipad 4 get hotter then ipad 3?

Ipad4 running hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.