Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help

ok i just got a macbook pro 13" with 4gb of ram running i5 500gb hard drive and was thinking about upgrading my hard drive and ram. i was thinking about a

SEAGATE Momentus LP 1TB 5,400 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard Drive or

WESTERN DIGITAL Scorpio Black 750GB 7200RPM 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive WD7500BPKT OEM or

SEAGATE Momentus XT 750GB 2.5" 7200RPM SATA Internal Solid State Hybrid Hard Drive

and i dont know what to do with the ram. i have 4 gb but i am a gammer and 4 gb is getting a little laggie with my 47" tv so what should i do?????

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:23 PM

6 replies

Nov 13, 2012 6:38 PM in response to Jin aka The Kid

I like and have only installed Seagate drives in all my three Macs. One is 10 years old and still going strong. I have no experience with SSD's at all. I have had a Western Digital go bad after 2 years of very light use in an external drive. Not a fan!!

Personally, I like to go with high quality, Mac friendly RAM. No bargain stuff. The original Samsung RAM failed in my MacPro after 2 years so I'm not a fan of that brand.

I feel Crucial RAM is the way to go. I have it in all three of My Macs, one of which has been running Crucial for 9 years now with no issues. It's a little higher priced, then some brands, but worth it and has a lifetime guarantee.

Crucial has a system tester that figures out exactly what RAM you need.

DALE

Nov 14, 2012 2:11 AM in response to Jin aka The Kid

If you 'just got' your 13" MacBook Pro, then I'm assuming that it's a 2012 model? If so, you can upgrade your RAM to 16GB. I suggest visiting the Crucial website and using their System Scanner tab to find the RAM that's right for your model.

As to upgrading the hard drive, I have heard nothing but good things about the Seagate hybrid drive - if you don't want to spend your money on a SSD, then that's the drive to choose.

Good luck with your new MBP.

Clinton

Need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.