Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD/DVD

Now i want to replace the bad drive,contacted mac and they said the computer is obsolete and tehy don't sale replacement pasts for this one, any idea where i may find it?Thanks again

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:30 AM

Hello,

The best place to obtain one would be eBay. Just make sure you get the correct drive for your model.

Depending on which country you live, there are some parts companies in the US/UK that I know of which supply refurbished drives for PowerBooks. They wont be as cheap in some instances as eBay, but guaranteed to be work at least.

If you need instructions on fitting a drive to your PowerBook, try going to ifixit.com or web search ifixit powerbook G4

Best of luck

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2012 12:30 AM in response to OBUS105MM

Hello,

The best place to obtain one would be eBay. Just make sure you get the correct drive for your model.

Depending on which country you live, there are some parts companies in the US/UK that I know of which supply refurbished drives for PowerBooks. They wont be as cheap in some instances as eBay, but guaranteed to be work at least.

If you need instructions on fitting a drive to your PowerBook, try going to ifixit.com or web search ifixit powerbook G4

Best of luck

CD/DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.