Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

account not in this store

Hi everyone.

I tookmy iPad3 to the US from Canada. when there I tried to update apps.

received the message;

"account not in this store

Your account is not valid for use in the the US store. You must switch to the Canadian store before purchasing"

Fair enough. I didn't do anything and waited until I returned home.

I am now back in Canada. Nothing changed since I left for the US.

Tried to update the Apps.

I received the same message. confusing, as I am now back in Canada.

I have checked "settings" and the "iTunes app and can find nothing on my iPad to resolve this.

Can anyone advise as I am now up to 14 updates required.

Thanks for any assitance.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:26 PM

6 replies

Nov 13, 2012 8:34 PM in response to Kappy

I didn't switch stores while there nor did I buy anything. the message I received from just trying to update the apps as stated.

I don't know how to change stores.

I thought hat this would be irrelevant as i am now back home in Canada and still can't update the apps. I am still on the original Canadian store setting.

thanks

Nov 13, 2012 8:46 PM in response to sookite

Open iTunes on your computer, select Store. Scroll to bottom and click on the Canadian flag.

What, if anything, might you have changed on your iPad such as an Apple ID, email account, iCloud setup, etc.

Where are these 14 updates you require? In which store were they purchased and in which country?

account not in this store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.