Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No signal with Apple TV?

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my Apple TV 2. After being fine for years all of a sudden my LG TV is not seeing the Apple TV. Instead of the menu or even an error message I jsut get a 'no signal'. This did not happen after an update, just spontaneosly one day when I went to use it (day prior it had worked fine). this is what I have treid so far:

- restored using micro USB and ITumes (with and wthout a power cord)

- waited for an update to the software, updated with micro USB and ITunes

- Tried on 2 other TVs (on one of them I had the same problem however on a Sony it actaully does work - though this is not my TV so I can't watch it)

- switched HDMI cables

It's not jailbroken either.

Am I doomed? It's out of warranty and I can't afford to buy a new one and no doubt getting someone to look at fixing it will probably cost about half what a new one would cost anyway and there's no guarantees they could fix it so any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

Cheers,

Sara

AppleTV 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:32 AM

2 replies

Nov 25, 2012 8:17 PM in response to Rudegar

Hi Rudegar,

Thanks for this. I've given this a shot but the couple of alternatives have not semed to work (but in saying that the apple logo and a green screen flash up on hte TV for a seond or so before returning to the 'no signal' screen). The previous sertting was 'detect automatically' so I changed it to 780 then 480. Is there a resolution you would suggest? The TV I am trying to use it on says it is 1080 (and it has owrked fine on it in the past with the same cable).

Cheers,

Sara

No signal with Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.