Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone locked but still show time?

Is it possible to lock the iPhone 5, but for the screen to still show the time? - so I can tell the time without having to press anything. I guess it might be like a screensaver app.

I can do this with my 12 year old Nokia but not on my iPhone 5!

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 4:25 AM

When the iPhone screen is locked, it is completely black. To tell the time, you need to push either the Home button or the power button. What you want is not possible on the iPhone.

You can probably pick up a cheap watch for $10 USD that will let you tell the time without pushing any buttons.

2 replies

Nov 14, 2012 4:29 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks for the answer.

Personally I don't like wearing a watch and I figured if my 12 year old phone can tell the time with the screen locked then an iPhone should be able to.

Given the home button is black on a black phone it can be tricky to find it quickly - it's a bit tricky to work out what way round the phone is or if it's upside down or not - especially at night!

Thanks

iPhone locked but still show time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.