Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport express is not recognized

Hi All,

I'm encountering a very strange problem with my 2 airport express, I was able to use them and they worked perfectly untill I've changed my router.

I changed my previous modem router with a DigiCom WiFI router. I can configure the airport to "join the an exsisting wiFi network" using the Airport Utility (I've tried with both 6 and 5.6), the AE led become green and I can start to stream music from the mac/iphone etc....but after a while (few minutes) it suddenly dissappear. No more visible from AE utility even if the led is still green. From the router control panel I can see that the airport is still there.

I've tried to change the WiFi channel but nothing changed, I've updated the AE firmware but the result is still the same. Any hint?

I've exactly the same issue with both the AE stations. Can be a compatibily issue between AE and DigiCom router? 😕

Thank you in advance

AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Gen), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:20 AM

There are no replies.

airport express is not recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.