Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I delete the Podcastepisodes ?

I have subscribed about 500 Podcasts in the Podcast App on my iPad mini. When I download a Podcastepisode, I always found it in the "Musik"-App and there I can delete it. Now since the newest version of the App "Musik", there are no Downloads of Podcasts. This is terrible. Its a bad solution that I have to delete my Podcastepisodes in the Podcast-App, because I have over 500 subscribed Podcasts !

Is there another App to delete easily the Podcastepisodes?

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1, I have iPad mini !

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:02 AM

25 replies

Nov 29, 2012 2:13 PM in response to 1001Nacht

Podcasts are now handled by the "Podcasts" app for iOS in the App Store. If you want to delete an episode, simply swipe from left to right over an episode and tap "delete."

If you want to download a deleted episode, visit that podcast in the "store," or simply toggle the subscribe switch off, then back on. This will reset your list of available episodes.

Note: If you delete the iOS Podcasts app, podcasts will once again appear in the Music application. You can't download or subscribe to new episodes without the Podcasts app, however.

Also note: How the heck have you subscribed to 500 podcasts??

Nov 29, 2012 10:27 PM in response to 1001Nacht

I'm not understanding what it is you're actually trying to accomplish. Are you saying you're subscribed to 500 individual feeds or there are 500 episodes showing up in one feed?

If there is one feed with 500 shows in your "unplayed episodes" list, you can tap on a show's settings page and tap "mark all as played," which will remove them from "unplayed episodes." You also have the option of not subscribing to a show, instead opting to manually download certain episodes.

Does that answer your question?

Nov 29, 2012 11:14 PM in response to Yuusharo

Hey! Is this so difficult to understand?

I always download the interesting episodes in the "newest episodes".

First problem: Where do I find the downloaded episodes??

There is no button in the podcast app, where I find all downloaded episodes.

I have to download a special app to find the downloaded episodes,

but I cant delete the episodes there, too!

Second point: In the "Musik" App the button Podcasts is gone !

So its only one way to delete the episodes:

I have to go into the podcast, remember I have subscribed over 500, so I have to search a very long time to delete one episode! Then the next episode and so on. This inshaAllah! ****!

Nov 29, 2012 11:24 PM in response to 1001Nacht

The only place, where I find my downloaded episodes is in iTunes 11,

but I cant delete the episodes there!

Why Apple?

Why you have no button "Downloaded Podcast(episodes)" in the Podcast App,

where I can delete the episodes in a few seconds?

Why you delete the Podcast button in the MusiK- App ?

I did delete the episodes always in the Musik-App....

Nov 29, 2012 11:35 PM in response to 1001Nacht

So its only one way to delete the episodes:

I have to go into the podcast, remember I have subscribed over 500, so I have to search a very long time to delete one episode!

Then the next episode and so on. This is absolutely terrible, because I dont have hours time to delete. I dont wnat to sit all the day at iPad and searching for Podcasts to delete inside the episodes....

Dec 8, 2012 12:44 PM in response to mac4ever

Question for intelligent people:

I have subscribed about 800 Podcasts in the Podcast App on my iPad mini. When I download a Podcastepisode, I always found it in the "Musik"-App and there I could delete it. Now since the newest update of the App "Musik", there are no Downloads of Podcasts inside. This is terrible. Its a bad solution, that I have to delete my Podcastepisodes in the Podcast-App, because I have over 800 subscribed Podcasts ! It takes too much time.

Also it inshaAllah not possible to delete the Podcastepisodes in iTunes, when I have connected the iPad to my iMac.

Is there any App to delete easily the Podcastepisodes?

Dec 9, 2012 9:58 AM in response to 1001Nacht

I assume when you say Musik that you mean Music. Anyway, it is possible to delete podcasts from within iTunes, even en masse. Just highlight the podcasts that you want to delete, right click (or control click) on one of the highlighted episodes, and choose delete. You will then be given the option to move them to the trash or just remove them from your list.

Dec 9, 2012 1:40 PM in response to 1001Nacht

You asked how to delete the podcasts in iTunes. I told you. Of course you would then have to sync your iPad to remove them from the iPad (unless you do it manually, which with 500 podcasts is ludicrous).

Since this is an English web site, it makes sense to use the English spelling of Music. I mistakenly assumed you were talking about some other app that you downloaded called Musik.

Where can I delete the Podcastepisodes ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.