Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File with question mark during start up, Mountian Lion

When I try to start my MacBook Pro I get a grey screen with a flashing file that has a question mark on it for a few minutes and then it goes black. I have tried restarting it and holding down the option key, but then the only option is Internet recovery. I tried this but then I got an earth with a exclimation mark in a triangle on it and it says apple.com/support -1007F. I can't find any reference to this though.

Are there any options besides Internet Recovery that I could try?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:09 AM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2012 4:34 AM in response to Barney-15E

This all started today. I had a notice about a new updat and just to get the window to go away I clicked the details button, but I wasn't connected to the Internet and the computer just froze up completely for about 5 min. That is when I decided to reboot it. And after I did that was when I got the grey screen with the ? file.

I'm in Japan so that makes finding secure WiFi much harder. I'm guessing I'll probably have to make a trip to Tokyo.

File with question mark during start up, Mountian Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.