Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can´t send emails with pdf attachments - why?

Since i moved all my accounts to my new airbook (OS X 10.8.2) everything works fine BUT i am not able to send emails with pdf attachments.I have an exchange and a mac.account - but they both won`t work.

The emails stay put in the local ausgang? exit box and won`t move away unless i delete them.

i checked the accounts, the activity - all says it works fine - but it doesn`t!

Maybe in the *deep* of my mac is one thing that says no pdf - but where can i find it?

I appreciate every helpful hint :-)

greetings

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:04 AM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2012 8:01 AM in response to Linc Davis

it tries to send the email for about five minutes and than gives the message *server doesn't work* you want to try another? repeat? or later?

when i change the server e.g. from exchange to mac - tries again and without further notice i find the message in the outbox - even when i click that one and *send* again - nothing changes......

I already tried to name the attachments in.pdf - i also change the pdf to jpeg - nothing works - all emails i write after that go immediately to the outbox - so when i want to send messages at all i need to delete the ones with the attachment or send the other ones manually

Please notice in the activity window there is a lot of traffic :-) but it doesn`t help

i even closed all other programmes like excel,safari and stuff - but still

and i still have al lot of free GB on my airbook....

any idea????

can´t send emails with pdf attachments - why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.