Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort order of tracks in Media Browser not same as in iTunes playlist

I use an iTunes playlist in GarageBand's Media Browser to fill a mix with tracks. I'd like them to have the same sorting order.

They usually do, and the Media Browser correctly reflects my reordering of tracks in the iTunes playlist.

BUT.

When I accidentally hit a column header in the Media Browser, that column will sort A>Z, or Z>A. I don't know how to undo this, how to 'unsort' and thus have the order mirror the order in the iTunes playlist again.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:39 AM

I found no way to undo the sorting inside GarageBand. The sort order for the Media Browser is stored in the GarageBand Preferences file. Quitting GarageBand, logging off and on again, and then deleting the GarageBand Preferences from the User Library resets the Media Browser to the custom sort of the playlist - but that method is rather drastic and cannot really be recommended 😝

To delete the preferences remove

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.garageband.plist

from your user library.

As you probably know, the User Library is hidden since Mac OS X Lion.

You can reveal it from the Finder's "Go" menu in the main menu bar:

Finder > Go

Then hold down to options-key ⌥, until Library appears in the drop-down menu. Select it and open the Library.

Regards

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2012 11:39 AM in response to hajeetrom

I found no way to undo the sorting inside GarageBand. The sort order for the Media Browser is stored in the GarageBand Preferences file. Quitting GarageBand, logging off and on again, and then deleting the GarageBand Preferences from the User Library resets the Media Browser to the custom sort of the playlist - but that method is rather drastic and cannot really be recommended 😝

To delete the preferences remove

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.garageband.plist

from your user library.

As you probably know, the User Library is hidden since Mac OS X Lion.

You can reveal it from the Finder's "Go" menu in the main menu bar:

Finder > Go

Then hold down to options-key ⌥, until Library appears in the drop-down menu. Select it and open the Library.

Regards

Léonie

Sort order of tracks in Media Browser not same as in iTunes playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.