Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost folders, smart folders and faces.

A while ago I upgraded the Aperture to 3.3.2. After that I noticed that I missed all my faces so I fixed permissions, repaired database and and rebuilt the database.

and then upgraded it to 3.4.2.

Only after having done all of that I noticed that I had lost all my folders and smart folders as well, I however, don't know where in the process they got lost.

I have an old backup but I'm afraid that I have added to much photos since. But I am not so concerned over the fact that I have to recreate a lot of folder, but what do concern me more is that I am losing confidence in the library management.

Could someone help me clarify where in the process these problems can occur and how to avoid them?

Is there something that I should verify myself after certain actions?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:44 AM

7 replies

Nov 14, 2012 6:13 AM in response to tnoi

Only after having done all of that I noticed that I had lost all my folders and smart folders as well, I however, don't know where in the process they got lost.

Do you mean albums and smart albums? There are no smart folders in Aperture.

If it is smart albums you are asking about - albums now have their own section in the Library inspector pane. This section can be hidden. Have you checked, if you see an "ALBUMS" headline in the Library, with nothing below? Then hover your mouse to the right of this caption - this should reveal a "Show" button. press it.

Does this bring the albums back? Other secctions may be hidden as well, your projects for example.

If that is not the problem post back with more information on your Aperture library - its location, if referenced or managed, does it contain iPhoto projects, anything else you might consider useful.

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

Nov 14, 2012 7:59 AM in response to léonie

Indeed, I mean albums and not folders. And I do see the Album section, but there is not much.

All smart albums I have created under projects are gone, so are the albums. The photos seems to all be there.

I only use aperture and all photos are managed. The library is about 90 Gb including some videos.

Lost folders, smart folders and faces.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.