Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

best screen protector for new retina IPAD

what is the best screen protector for a new IPAD with retina display?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:20 AM

10 replies

Nov 19, 2012 11:03 AM in response to Stacyruss

I just purchased the iPad with retina display also. I went and bought 2 pack of WriteRight clear protectors at Walmart for around $14.

I thought installing a protector on an iPhone was tough.. this is almost impossible to get nice and straight with no bubbles.. Needless to say, I ruined the first one. (I think thats why they come in 2 packs)

I haven't attempted the second one yet and Im not sure that I'm going to. I find that the natural screen cleans up nice and easily with a plain old water dampaned microfiber cloth. Just like apple recommends.

Nov 5, 2013 2:45 PM in response to Stacyruss

Get a Zagg. They are more expensive but come with a lifetime warranty. They're so tough you can't cut through them and they have some kind of "nano-cell memory" technology that actually "heals" scratches (I've seen it happen). The material they're made with was used on helicopter blades in the military, originally. We use them on all of our company phones. Additionally, their texture cuts down on the fingerprint problem.

Jan 14, 2014 2:47 PM in response to AmishCake

No please! Never a buy a Zagg "invisible Shield" that is not invisible at all, I'm pretty sure it will never get scratched because it is a gross piece of plastic that looks very wrinkled.

I can see that the purpose of the post is to know which screen shield will make your retina display look as crisp as possible, I don't know which is it because actually I haven't found one, but what I do know, is that ZAGG is not! I had it and I couldn't stand it more than one week.

best screen protector for new retina IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.