Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

exporting an altered graphic from pages for use in other apps

Does anyone know how to export a graphic, altered in Pages to like iphoto for example?

The reason i am asking is i had a logo i needed to alter. The logo is a sphere but had a white space box around it that i needed to remove. Using the Instant Alpha feature in Pages gave me the results i want but i cant get the graphic out of Pages. Instant Alpha in Preview doesnt work the same. It removed everthing white therefore making the logo look aweful.

Any ideas?

THanks

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:24 AM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2012 5:47 AM in response to MZXII

what do you want to do with your Pages graphics? .. vector graphics VS pixel graphics

A: in case of vector graphics .. export to PDF .. newer vector design software should manage the graphical infos inside

B: in case of pixel graphics .. export to PDF .. open in Preview .. safe as pixel file .. JPG / PNG / TIFF / what ever

C: in case of pixel graphics with alpha channel info .. separate your desing elements on separate pages .. then the export way B for every single sheet PDF to bring it to pixels .. then open your pixel software (Pixelmator / Photoshop) .. load the separated elements into layers .. select / cut / manage your alpha channel content .. marge the finished pixel graphic with alpha into one background layer .. save image

by that way .. my yellow logo i did in Pages '09 .. then export to PDF .. opened in Preview .. safed as PNG

cheers .. AP

exporting an altered graphic from pages for use in other apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.