Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plugin that overlays date and time stamp to video

I need a plugin or a solution that will read the meta data from my video and then overlay the date/time. It is for video surveillance and I need the date/time but I want to do it in FCP. Any thoughts? Or anybody that makes custom plugins?

Thanks!

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:25 AM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2012 11:53 AM in response to BenB

BenB, thanks for responding to both of my posts. The footage was shot using a Sony HDR-XR500 AKA consumer video camera. Date and time is not burned into the image when captured digitally. The only way to do it would be to run the video through a video capture device that basically just records what the video outputs. This solution really ***** so i'm looking for somthing more effective.

Nov 15, 2012 11:49 AM in response to CreativeLegacy

If this is security video for legal purposes, you have to be very careful what you do to it. You definitly need a plugin that will read time and date metadata directly. Check the FCP.co forum, there's a section of free templates and plugins that folks are making themselves. Very top quality stuff, too. Check there, or perhaps request someone make one.

Plugin that overlays date and time stamp to video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.