Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Logic Pro 9 sounds/loops appear in Garageband '11?

Hi

A friend and I are starting to used Garageband more now to demo at home rather than a studio - We'll most likely buy Logic Pro 9 as well as the Garageband '11 we already have, just to make sure we're taking compatible files to the studio (and we'll move into it as we learn it more no doubt).

My question is, will the sounds/sample libraries in Logic be available also to Garageband? We looked into the Jam Packs and saw they're now part of MainStage, but obviously don't want to buy this if it's all in Logic anyway? (If it is??). Would be daft to buy all three if Logic contains all the sounds of MS and GB accessss it!

If anyone knows the answer that would be great!

Thanks!

Ben

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:58 AM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2012 12:00 PM in response to Zerodeluxe

Logic, Mainstage and GarageBand use the same architecture. They share (among others) the same

• Loops
  • Settings (Plug-in Settings and Track Settings)
  • Instruments (some)

And they are compatible in many other ways.

The Loop Browser is almost identical in GarageBand and Logic. They display the same popup menu for the installed Loop Libraries.

User uploaded file

When you create a new Loop in GarageBand, it will be available in Logic in that popup menu and vice versa. The reason is that they acess the same index file. This is like a database that contains the information of all the installed Apple Loops.

Here is a digram of that principle.

User uploaded file

I explain more in my new Garageband Manual "GarageBand 11 - How it Works"

I also wrote a free manual about the whole topic of Apple Loops in 2005. It is a free pdf dowload available on my website;

http://dingdingmusic.com/DingDing/ManualsFree.html

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Will Logic Pro 9 sounds/loops appear in Garageband '11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.