Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changes in home key behavior with IOS 6.0.1

Since I installed IOS 6.0.1, pushing my home key (slowly) no longer goes from the current home page (press once) to the first home page (press twice) to search (press three times.) Is this a bug or a feature? Can I return to the previous behavior?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:33 AM

2 replies

Nov 14, 2012 10:46 AM in response to TurnerWD

I have not noticed that and I have not seen any other posts here with that problem. Maybe your Home button is sticking

Try:

fix for Home button

Fix a broken, unresponsive or sticky iPhone Home Button

- If you have iOS 5 and later you can turn on Assistive Touch it add the Home and other buttons to the iPods screen. Settings>General>Accessibility>Assistive Touch

- If not under warranty Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for:

Apple - Support - iPod - Repair pricing

You can do it an an Apple store by:

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

or sent it in to Apple. See:

Apple - Support - iPod - Service FAQ

Nov 15, 2012 5:28 AM in response to lllaass

Just to be clear, the home key always continued to work. Pressing once returned me from an application to the home screen and double clicking brought up the multi-task display. What had changed was the sequence of screens on repeated single clicks. I.e. starting from within an application it no longer went from application launch page -> first home screen -> search page etc.

That said, now that I know that this was not an intended feature, I powered the touch down and back up again. This appears to have solved the problem. Thanks for responding!

- Wes

Changes in home key behavior with IOS 6.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.