Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix defective hyperlinks in published ibook that are OK in author file?

I published a 75 page ibook last week. The downloaded version has sonme hyperlinks that don't work. Checking back to ibook author file, those hyperlinks seem fine. Need advice. Many are on the credits page where photographers who donated their work should get a link-back to their sites. Even my own site is not working in the published book but is in the author file. What did I do wrong?!

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:26 AM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2012 8:42 AM in response to jbrb

Confirm the book you uploaded is the latest export from the source in iBA.

In any case, it sounds like you'll need to upload/update, so use that as an opportunity to triple-check.

Test/test/test on a device and find someone to back you up with theirs, then go again.

Good luck.

Oct 25, 2013 6:04 AM in response to jbrb

Linda, I'm sorry I never found a good reason for the breaks. I updates the app, I re- entered the links and still had problems. I haven't revisited the file in a long time. Maybe the latest version is better, but if you still have issues then I guess not. Good luck. Let ME know if you figure it out!

Jun 29, 2015 12:55 PM in response to jbrb

I have the same problem. One thing I have noticed is that if I placed the link and its text using a 'Copy and Paste,' rather than putting in the text and doing the hyperlink manually through the Inspector, then there seemed to be a good chance that the final published book (.ibooks) had lost the link format, i.e., the color of text I chose for hyperlinks, but still had the underlying link. Other links started going to the wrong places. This happened in the .ibooks published file, but not the .ibooks Proof.

Still working on this, but it may be a case of review the links carefully in different platforms, and keep iterating to a solution. If you have a lot of links, it may take some time to get this resolved.

One other thing may be to check your upload and download speeds and reliability. I had different outcomes from the same .ibooks file downloaded to different devices, but then had difficulty getting the same version on all devices. Note that iPads tend to put a copy in iCloud and go for that one, rather than downloading a copy from the Store if you delete the copy on your device.

How to fix defective hyperlinks in published ibook that are OK in author file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.