Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You tube

I Have a Power PC G4 with MAC OSX 10.5.8. I have the device up to 1.25 GB of RAM and the videos on You Tube have improved a little bit. What video card do you recommend or is there anything I can to to improve the video on this old machine??

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:55 AM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2012 1:01 PM in response to Jacumba

I have an 867 MHz. Is there anything I can do to upgrade this, or just getting a new Mac is the solution??

Model Name: Power Mac G4

Model Identifier: PowerMac3,5

Processor Name: PowerPC G4 (2.1)

Processor Speed: 867 MHz

Number Of CPUs: 1

L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB

L3 Cache (per CPU): 2 MB

Memory: 1.25 GB

Bus Speed: 133 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.2.5f1

Nov 14, 2012 4:05 PM in response to ESCOBAR818

I'd lean towards a new Mac. You could replace the video card but not likely to show much improvement. I'd agree with japamac that the cpu would still be a challenge with the 867 MHz. I'm on a 3.40 GHz computer right now, I have several computers with less, and on this one it really makes a difference, not only with video on you tube but also the audio music is a tremendous difference.

Nov 19, 2012 11:04 PM in response to ESCOBAR818

An alternative solution for the OP would be to download Mactubes. This nifty app has the ability to allow you to play youtube videos(comments not included) in Quicktime format or Video format and of course, Flash.. but why play flash when you can view the videos under Quicktime.

Check on line for mactubes 3.1.5 - Your G4 will be glad you did.

You tube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.