Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with getting my macbookpro to recognise midi keyboard

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a MacBook Pro 15" last week, and have been having some major issues in trying to connect my M-Audio Keystation 49e. It doesn't recognise the midi keyboard when i connect it, and when i go into my audio/ midi drivers there are no drivers listed.

I know the keyboard is in full working order because I've tested it on various other MacBook Pro laptops and it works fine on them.

My operating system in OS X 10.8.2. I've read about others having similar issues with this as well but so far no one has come to with a solution. I also can't even access my MIDI set up as it just gives me an error message. My mac was especially for music production but so far I'm having no luck. I've also tried to download and install various drivers and updates but still no luck.

Could anyone help me please? Literally at the end of my tether! 🙂

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:48 AM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2012 11:48 AM in response to darrenlloyd

Two things,

1) Make sure that you have installed the driver for the keyboard (if necessary)

2) Check in the Audio MIDI Setup utility (located in the /Applications/Utilities folder) if OSX recognizes this MIDI Device. If not then GarageBand won't see it either.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Nov 14, 2012 3:34 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Hey,

Thanks for your response. I've already tried this, and it won't let me open my MIDI studio as it just loads for about 5 minutes and then gives me an error message.

My M-Audio keystation doesn't come with an installation CD either, which just annoys me further! I've tried searching for the driver on the M-audio websites and various other drivers yet they don't install and won't open.

I apprecaite your post though. 🙂

Nov 15, 2012 7:52 AM in response to darrenlloyd

Thanks again for the response. That's the thing, I've checked my MIDI drivers folder and there's nothing in there whatsoever. I don't know if you can get hidden files on a mac and I'm not too sure how to go about finding them, so they could be there but just not visable.

I have recently instaled ProTools and Logic Pro 9, but I think i'll have to just unistall them and start over.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Nov 15, 2012 8:04 AM in response to darrenlloyd

You may have looked in the wrong library.

There are two libraries, where midi drivers get installed on a mac:

• For all users: /Library/Audio/MIDI Devices
  • Your user library: ~/Library/Audio/MIDI Devices

Your user library (in your Home folder) is hidden by default in Lion or later. You can reveal it from the Finder's "Go" menu:

Finder > Go

then hold down the options-key, until "Library" appears in the drop-down menu, select it, to open it in the Finder.

Regards

Léonie

Added: If you want to reveal the User Library permanently, open a Terminal window and enter:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Problem with getting my macbookpro to recognise midi keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.