Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icons missing even after re-install?

When I go to "new project" there are no icons in the box on the right. I've tried re-loading iLife but it still has no icons. I'm in 6.0.5 so I have the latest update. Help?

Pam

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:08 PM

When I go to "new project" there are no icons in the box on the right. I've tried re-

Pam,

do you mean, the templates "Piano", "Electric Guitar", ...

Check your System Library. All the templates for the new projects should be installed in the folder

Your Macintosh HD > Library > Applications Support > GarageBand > Templates

User uploaded file

The "Templates" folder either may be missing or have a permissions problem, so you cannot read it.

If the files are missing, restore them from your backup, or reinstall GarageBand. How did you "reload iLife"?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2012 12:08 PM in response to Pamela Wilson

When I go to "new project" there are no icons in the box on the right. I've tried re-

Pam,

do you mean, the templates "Piano", "Electric Guitar", ...

Check your System Library. All the templates for the new projects should be installed in the folder

Your Macintosh HD > Library > Applications Support > GarageBand > Templates

User uploaded file

The "Templates" folder either may be missing or have a permissions problem, so you cannot read it.

If the files are missing, restore them from your backup, or reinstall GarageBand. How did you "reload iLife"?

Icons missing even after re-install?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.