Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded song on iPod isn't on PC (or redownloading)

I downloaded a song on from iTunes and put it on my iPod. But somehow it got deleted it from PC but it's still on my iPod. I've un-hidden the songs on my iPod and can see the songs, play them, but it's not helpful seen they have cryptic names so it's of little help - unless I go through all songs and I have too many. I'm running Win8 Pro.

Is there any free software out there to help me? I only want to find one song.

I've Google "will I be charged again if I download the same song from iTunes" and the responses have been running 50/50. Half say yes, half say no.

Thanks!!

iPod classic, Other OS, I see Windows 8 isn't listed.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:09 PM

6 replies

Nov 14, 2012 12:14 PM in response to jchooper

Downloading (using iOS or computer) past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519 - enabled with iTunes 10.3 and newer; not all media formats are available in all countries (see: iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match Availability by Country - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5085); apps, books (not audiobooks), music, t.v. shows, and movies (some - not all studios have permitted this). Downloading previously purchased movies and TV shows requires iTunes 10.6 or later. Discontinued items not available. For items not included in the iCloud list (e.g., ringtones, audiobooks), or locations or computer systems where iCloud is not (yet?) available, you only get one download per fee paid. Apple notes it is your responsibility to back up your purchases.

Select the iTunes Store on the left side of iTunes.
Click on Purchased on the right side under Quick Links.
You can re-download your available previous purchases.

Downloaded song on iPod isn't on PC (or redownloading)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.