Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing iPad name on supervised device

We deployed 30 iPads using Configurator and added them all to a group. The first one was named "Master" and the rest numbered from 1 to 29. Now I find that when I look at the devices in the group in Configurator, all 30 are there with correct serial numbers but all somehow got renamed as "Master". The devices themselves still have the original name and all the apps from "Master." So I am hesitant to plug them in!

Is there any way to plug in each device and rename it to its original unique name without Configurator trying to restore or re-install apps? The devices know who they are but I want Configurator to recognize their unique identity by name.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:58 AM

There are no replies.

Changing iPad name on supervised device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.