Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to send a photo(s) via iMessage? If not, shy not?

I've checked the outbox and the export command and search in Help. No luck.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Aperture 3.4.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:49 PM

Use the send file command Buddies->Send File

4 replies

Nov 14, 2012 8:11 PM in response to amoppert

Hm. I don't use Messages, but have you tried just dragging the Preview to the compose field in Messages? Works with Messages 7.x.

This is the same as "Buddies➞Send File➞Media➞Photos➞Aperture ... ". In each case there must be a Preview; in the second case you are using the OS X Media Browser, which requires that there be a Preview and that you set "Aperture➞Preferences➞Previews➞Share Previews ... " to "Always" or "When quitting Aperture".

If you want to send a file other then the Preview, you have to create it first. Create files by exporting ("Export" in Aperture, means "Make me a file from the selected Version according to the settings in this selected Image Export Preset".)

And please don't speak firmly and act the bully. As Frank said, we are just fellow users here, offering our hard-earned knowledge for free.

Feature requests are sent to Apple via the feedback form, for which there is a menu item: "Aperture➞Provide Aperture Feedback".

Is there a way to send a photo(s) via iMessage? If not, shy not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.