Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Static IP for Mini

to all

being a bit daft. i set my Mini onto a static IP of ...1.50 in my network. Ive had to reset my router but now it wont pick up the Mini on the network. Its wired in. What do i need to do to the router to make it automatically se th Mini on ...1.50? or should it pick up the Mini and auto assing the IP of ..1.50?

i cant remember if i did something to the router or not...

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:56 PM

2 replies

Nov 14, 2012 9:58 PM in response to mumbles2701

When you say the router won't pick up the mini on the network - where are you looking? I know on mine (cisco/linksys) it wont' show a fixed address if I'm looking under "DHCP clients" (for what I'd hope are obvious reasons - it's not assigning it anything.)

What you may want to do instead is look for a section in the router where you can reserve IPs. Usually you'll need the MAC address (no relation to apple... will look like 01:ab:02:cd:3e) from the network utility. Set the mini to DHCP, set the router to assign a specific address (192.168.1.50) to that MAC address. Just to let the router manage them all (and give you an easy place to look to avoid conflicts.)

Static IP for Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.