Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime 7 not playing videos from Itunes...

So recently I noticed my Quicktime 7 has been acting strange. It used to play all my videos flawlessly... it still does, although i've noticed movies bought from the itunes store wont play anymore. When I try to open the file on QT 7 I get the black screen but then It exits out and I get the "Quicktime 7 Has Quit Unexpectedly" and I get the Kern_Protection_Failure log ( whatever that is😕) It's weird, before every file i tried worked perfectly, but now I cant get them to play....😟 Is There any fix to this or has Quicktime 7 completely stopped supporting movies/videos from Itunes? ******Oh, by the way They DO however play in Quicktime X****** I''m running 2009 macbook pro 13-inch OSX 10.6.8 and All software is up to date. It's getting frustrating. I've looked all over but no luck. Any Help Would be appreciated. Thanks 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:28 PM

8 replies

Quicktime 7 not playing videos from Itunes...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.