Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get a clean sound without unwanted echo? I have all effects turned off. Does it have anything to do with the tempo slider/setting? How do I turn off the tempo selection?

How do I get a clean sound without unwanted echo? I have all effects turned off. Does it have anything to do with the tempo slider/setting? How do I turn off the tempo selection?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:43 PM

3 replies

Nov 15, 2012 4:05 AM in response to Christoph Drösser

No, the echo and reverb settings on the Master Track only set the kind of echo

Right, but any master effects you add to the master track will effect the rendition for all tracks in the project, when you listen to the project- and there are plenty of echo like effects, Flanger, Phaser, AuDelay.

I once accidentally added a vocal transformer to the master track instead of to a vocal track and I thought my GarageBand was broken, until I discovered the additional filer on the Master Track.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.