Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I solve a conflict between my newly-downloaded Aperture 3.4.3 and iPhoto 9.3 versions?

I downloaded Aperture 3.4.3 from the Apple App Store today. Now when I attempt to open my iPhoto 9.3 I receive the following error message: "To open your library with this version of iPhoto it first needs to be prepared." Then this second paragraph also appears: "You have opened this photo library with a newer version of iPhoto. Please quit and use the latest version of iPhoto." I'm not able to run an update because the iPhoto application won't open. Also, when I check for software updates I receive a message that my software is up to date. What gives? Have I missed a step in merging my iPhoto and Aperture libraries? I'd like to be able to use iPhoto again, because there are albums there that don't appear in Aperture.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:11 PM

You should have iPhoto 9.4.x

Maybe you can download from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1608

3 replies

Nov 15, 2012 1:09 AM in response to Lightpath48

And could you see an iPhoto 9.4.3 update at the AppStore? If iPhoto came preinstalled on you Mac, you may need to accept the iLife apps first at the AppStore. If you never accepted them to your Apple ID they still may be waiting in the "Purchased" tab of the AppStore to be accepted. Once you click "Accept", the AppStore should automatically offer updates for them in the "Updates" section.

How can I solve a conflict between my newly-downloaded Aperture 3.4.3 and iPhoto 9.3 versions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.