Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppStore is soooo slow.. Help..

So for several weeks now the AppStore has been awfully slow on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 5. Both are running ios6.

Today I had to restore my iphone from iCloud and OMG I have been waiting for it to install my apps again (approx 40) and its taken approx 2 hours and has only done about half of these. Any they are not big apps!!

I've speed tested my iMac that is hard wired and I am getting 60mbps so is not my ISP that is the problem.

I've also disabled genius under settings / privacy / system services and that seemed to make it a little better but it is no where near what it used to be like before ios6 and the iPhone 5.

Any ideas guys?

This cannot be the norm now????

Thannks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:46 PM

4 replies

Nov 22, 2012 9:35 AM in response to mdavenport

Yes - experiencing this problem. While wifi is intermittent and glitchy - when it comes to the App Store, it's a complete bomb. Only about 15 apps on a new iPhone 5 (bought yesterday) and it took hours to update the apps, with repeated fussing. Tried logging out and then in, no help. Seems like some type of SW glitch that impacts wifi and greatly impacts App Store - more so than email or Safari. For example, trying to download SpeedTest, started about 5 minutes ago and it is still loading (only 9.7 MB). I would guess that the intermittent issue in wifi completely confounds some type of secure link in App Store. Probably tries to re-establish the secure link every time the wifi connection glitches.

Hey Apple - when's the fix coming?

Nov 22, 2012 9:48 AM in response to A-like-Apple

SpeedTest on wifi:

iPhone 5 has 56 ms ping, download of 0.30 Mbps and upload of 0.01 Mbps

Laptop - on same wifi network - has 25 ms ping, download of 4.31 Mbps and upload of 2.08 Mbps

Run 2 on iPhone 5: Dead . . . .

Run 3 on iPhone 5: 54 ms ping, download of 0.84 Mbps and upload of . . . still waiting to complete after some minutes

Conclusion: iPhone 5 with current iOS has some serious wifi communication issues (as most already know)

AppStore is soooo slow.. Help..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.