Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i delete songs from my iTunes and have them also delete from my iPhone using iCloud

When i delete songs from my iTunes list the songs remain on my iPhone even though i have i Cloud

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 4:23 PM

27 replies

Nov 15, 2012 1:17 PM in response to Kwhite1

From your last post, it sounds as if you're hoping to stream music to your iPhone (and your computer) from iCloud, so when you delete songs from iCloud, they will also be deleted from your iPhone.

iTunes Match sort of does that, but not quite, as the songs you have played on an iOS device get stored there.

Here's a snippet from the iTunes Match writeup located at:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/

Does iTunes Match stream or download songs?
On a computer, any songs stored in iCloud will stream over the air when played, though you can download them at any time by clicking the iCloud download button. iOS devices will start playing tracks from iCloud as they download and will store them so that you can listen to them later even if you don’t have a network connection. Apple TV only streams songs.

Nov 15, 2012 7:43 PM in response to Kwhite1

... and, by the way, the reason I personally have iTunes Match is to get Apple's version of the music (which is occasionally better fidelity than I had previously). Personally, even before iTunes Match, I relied on the sync process to keep my songs coordinated between my devices.

I recognize this is my personal style preference, and I certainly respect that you have different preferences.

Nov 16, 2012 7:14 AM in response to sberman

Sorry this didn't solve my problem. The problem I'm having is still that when I delete from my iTunes on my computer they remain on my phone even with sync wirelessly when connected to wifi is set to on. Is there another way to delete songs from I cloud only just to confirm they are gone from iTunes and iCloud ? Do I need to sync via USB if I want my iPhone music to match the music in my iTunes?

Nov 16, 2012 12:59 PM in response to Kwhite1

Make sure that your starting point has no music on your iPhone. Before ever doing the process described in the HT4915 article, make sure your iPhone has iTunes Match turned on (Settings > Music > iTunes Match) and has no music stored on it.

The way to see it has no music is Settings > General > Usage > Music, which should be a very small number. If it is not, you can press "Edit" in the top right and delete it all that way.

The idea is that afterwards, music will be downloaded to your iPhone from iCloud.

Hope this helps!

how do i delete songs from my iTunes and have them also delete from my iPhone using iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.