Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5- my friends can't hear me in a voice call?

iPhone 5 my friends cannot hear me when I call. However I can hear them. Any ideas? Thanks

Speaker, Facetime all work. However, the voice recorder doesn't either.

However, when i turn the speaker on during the call, they can hear me.

6.0.1, iphone 5

i've done a complete reset of the phone.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 10:29 AM

I have a similar issue with my Verizon Iphone 5. Most say it sounds like I am holding the phone 2 feet from me while I talk. Others complain it sounds like I am at the far end of a tunnel or tin can. I can hear them fine, and while on the call I'll flip over to speaker and it works flawlessly. The earbuds w/ mic work great too. I went to 3 Verizon stores and they were of ZERO help other than wanting to order me in a new phone on warranty, but why bother when so many people have tried replacing the phone and still had the same problem. Other threads describing this problem said that this is most often a problem when making a call when there is background noise so perhaps it is an issue with the "3 mics" technology on the iphone 5.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2012 10:29 AM in response to tn200sx

I have a similar issue with my Verizon Iphone 5. Most say it sounds like I am holding the phone 2 feet from me while I talk. Others complain it sounds like I am at the far end of a tunnel or tin can. I can hear them fine, and while on the call I'll flip over to speaker and it works flawlessly. The earbuds w/ mic work great too. I went to 3 Verizon stores and they were of ZERO help other than wanting to order me in a new phone on warranty, but why bother when so many people have tried replacing the phone and still had the same problem. Other threads describing this problem said that this is most often a problem when making a call when there is background noise so perhaps it is an issue with the "3 mics" technology on the iphone 5.

Sep 14, 2014 11:42 AM in response to tn200sx

i just had my battery replaced at apple, now my phone is acting up so bad! when i make calls now, people can hear me but i can't hear them. i have a feeling they did something to my phone. When I told the apple guy at the store, his response was " go to rogers and do an upgrade for a new phone!!" thanks for the fantastic service. he also told me how to cancel my MAC Air extended warranty and i didn't even ask about that. great employee. i'll prob buy samsung now.

iPhone 5- my friends can't hear me in a voice call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.