Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to delete mail account

When I updated software the second last time it caused a problem with my email account in that the server does not recognise it and I can't download to my iPad. I have checked with my service provider for the email account if anything is wrong at their end, no. I have since updated to 6.0.1 (10A523) and still the same problem. My service provider suggested to delete the account and start again. I do not have a delete email account button. Why is it missing?

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:03 PM

6 replies

Nov 14, 2012 11:35 PM in response to Rabiz

Is it a work iPad/email account ? If so then it's possible that they've applied a profile that is stopping you from deleting the account.

On the right-hand side of Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars I have an Accounts section with a list of my email accounts. Tapping one of my (IMAP based) accounts in that list gives me a popup with my account id at the top of it, then on/off options for mail, contacts, calendars, reminders and notes, and underneath them a Delete button.

Nov 14, 2012 11:47 PM in response to King_Penguin

No, it is not a work iPad. My email account also comes to my iMac, and I use the iPad when travelling. I can access my email on the web, which is a pain.

Tapping on my account name gives me the imap account which has only the on/off options for mail and notes only. the contact, calendars all appear at the front when I tap on Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Unable to delete mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.