Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I add my podcast through Advanced -> Subscribe, nothing happens

I've been trying to test my podcast setup through iTunes before properly uploading the first few episodes and submitting them to the store. When I go to Advanced -> Subscribe to Podcast via iTunes and enter my feed (http://www.silverscreensnobs.com/podcast/feed.xml) a generic icon appears with no information and does not download anything. It's like it just doesn't recognise the link. In fact, I tried putting a typo in the link, added it and had the same result - it just sits there and nothing happens so something's obviously wrong... When I try adding other podcasts this way they behave normally and start downloading instantly.

I have been searching through these forums for an answer with no luck. When I use my iPad and use a podcast app (iCatcher, to be specific) and enter my feed it instantly comes up with the three test MP3s and the option to subscribe so I don't think it's the feed... I have tried two different computers (Windows) using iTunes and have come up with this problem on both machines.

I would greatly appreciate any help, thanks.

Windows 7

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:51 AM

Your feed has a fatal error, occuring several times:

<author>podcast@silverscreensnobs.com (David Lees&Thomas Roe)</author>

<itunes:author>David Lees&Thomas Roe</itunes:author>

The ampersand ('&') is used in XML to indicate the beginning of a code sequence: as the sequence is never closed this renders the rest of the feed unreadable. You need to replace it with the code

&amp;

(which you have done elsewhere). There are six instances altogether of this error.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2012 2:51 AM in response to sirdavd

Your feed has a fatal error, occuring several times:

<author>podcast@silverscreensnobs.com (David Lees&Thomas Roe)</author>

<itunes:author>David Lees&Thomas Roe</itunes:author>

The ampersand ('&') is used in XML to indicate the beginning of a code sequence: as the sequence is never closed this renders the rest of the feed unreadable. You need to replace it with the code

&amp;

(which you have done elsewhere). There are six instances altogether of this error.

Nov 15, 2012 3:37 AM in response to sirdavd

The 'podcast image', which is correctly referenced in the feed, does not show up when subscribing in iTunes: the images for that have to be actually embedded in the media file for each episode. Please see this page:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/coverart.html

I assume that before submitting you are going to replace the existing episodes, which are simply tests, with real ones, as the Store will want to check your material for suitability and will not accept tests.

I add my podcast through Advanced -> Subscribe, nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.