Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening quicklook with spacebar from Apple Full Keyboard

Hi,

I have a problem with

"Opening quicklook with the spacebar on AppleFullsize keyboard from my local machine"

And yes, I only have that exact problem....

Things that work:

- Opening quicklook with the spacebar from my Macbook's keyboard on my local machine

- Opening quicklook with the spacebar from my Macbook's keyboard on my remotely controlled iMac (controlled via iCloud from my Macbook)

- Closing quicklook with the spacebar from my Macbook's keyboard on my local machine

- Closing quicklook with the spacebar from my Macbook's keyboard on my remotely controlled iMac (controlled via iCloud from my Macbook)

- Opening quicklook with the spacebar from a Logitech External keyboard on my local machine

- Opening quicklook with the spacebar from a Logitech External keyboard on my remotely controlled iMac (controlled via iCloud from my Macbook)

- Closing quicklook with the spacebar from a Logitech External keyboard on my local machine

- Closing quicklook with the spacebar from a Logitech External keyboard on my remotely controlled iMac (controlled via iCloud from my Macbook)

- Opening quicklook with the spacebar from my AppleFullsize keyboard on my remotely controlled iMac (controlled via iCloud from my Macbook)

- Closing quicklook with the spacebar from my AppleFullsize keyboard on my local machine

- Closing quicklook with the spacebar from my AppleFullsize keyboard on my remotely controlled iMac (controlled via iCloud from my Macbook)

Thing that doesn't work:

- Opening quicklook with the spacebar from my AppleFullsize keyboard on my local machine

I thinks this is extremely wierd. (I work in IT for 20 years now... this is not possible)

Somehow OSX only denies Quicklook from a externally attached Apple Keyboard on my Local machine. The function is obviously working as you can see when I try it remotely and with other keyboards.

Anybody who has a clue deserves Cake!

Thanks Already

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:10 AM

1 reply

Opening quicklook with spacebar from Apple Full Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.