Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone5 battery problem ***FIX***

Hy people 🙂

First several days ago i made dicussion about poor iphone5 battery and i was so disappointed and really mad because i gave a lot of money for a phone which battery lasts for a half day...

It took me a week to browse all post on this communities and i tried all solutions found here and nothing helped me...

2 days ago i decided to return my phone to a local shop i Croatia where i bought it... i told the seller all the problems i was faceing and he told me there is one more thing we could try.

First i have to say that i have 3 iphones... i have iphone4, iphone4s, and now iphone5... when i got iphone5 i made a backup form itunes but the backup was from my older iphone4...

I bought iPhone4s 15 days ago and i set it as a new phone in i tunes and its battery lasts for a loong time...he told me that could be the issue...

Just to say when i was looking in settings/about/diagnose and use there were a lots of log with crashes and everything...NOW THERE IS NONE

First we transfered my contacts to Outlook...and i transfered my photos and everything what was important to me to the computer... we didint do any backup with itunes or icloud because thats the problem.

We did a restore in itunes and set my phone as a new phone without backing it from any backup...

Then i transferd my contacts from outlook to my new phone... and download all apps i had on it....

The guy at the shop downloaded new iOS6 update so maybe apple also made same changes in iOS6 updates i dont know its that possible

My phone works just fine now...

I use it often...with everyhing ON...wi/fi ON...3g ON, location services ON, notifications ON,facebook ON,viber ON, whats app ON,mail ON ( chek mail every hour) bluetooth OFF,...

I turned iCloud off and i deleted all previous backups from itunes and i cloud...

I downloaded app called battery doctor which is very usefull and tells you what apps are draining your phone... i use this app when im charging my phone.

My phone is always on a heavy usage...taking calls, browsing web, play youtube videos, always on facebook, playing games andi have to say that my phone now lasts for a whole day... now as i write this a i have more then 2h of heavy usage an 5h and 27min when disonecting from charger and my battery is at 75%...

For me this is good because you cant expect to use all apps and feauters all the time and expect that your battery will last for 2 days...

Yesterday my phone lasted for 20h with heavy usage (6-7h) so i think this is really good.. i have to say that i did many charging circuits from the day i bought it so this also could be helpfull.

iphone is a great phone... and when i was dissapointed whit its battery i aked my friends who have s3 how long their battery lasts...and they all said it cant last for a day....

Im only sad because i had to find solutions by myself not getting any help from apple...and dissapointed that they also didnt make any official statement by this battery problems... and solution how to fix it...

But i will fast forget all of this because i started to enjoy my phone finally 🙂

I hope this would be helpfull for all of you 🙂

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:36 AM

5 replies

Nov 15, 2012 6:50 AM in response to ilovasb

and only to add one thing to this discussion

I left my phone at home fully charged (turned wi/fi and cellular data off) and after 8h the battery was still at 100% so you have to adapt your usage and to control the apps you are using because its definitely not the hardware and software issue... the issue is how do you use your phone...

Nov 15, 2012 12:17 PM in response to ilovasb

ilovasb wrote:

and only to add one thing to this discussion

I left my phone at home fully charged (turned wi/fi and cellular data off) and after 8h the battery was still at 100% so you have to adapt your usage and to control the apps you are using because its definitely not the hardware and software issue... the issue is how do you use your phone...

this answer is pathetic.. if your battery life was fine on the 4 and 4S you should not have to change how you use a phone to get close to or similar usage.

Nov 15, 2012 1:54 PM in response to spyd4r

Thats your opinion... well i use my 5 more then i use my 4 and thats because im like a kid with the new toy 🙂

I just say that you cant expect for your battery to last long if you are playing games for 2-3h... checking facebook every 5 minutes and similar stuff....

Im using it more then my 4 and 4S and i really think its enough battery for that kind of usage.

iPhone5 battery problem ***FIX***

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.