Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a DVD I recorded from my tv. I am trying to make copies and when I insert the DVD I get a message saying it is blank even though it is not. My question are: Why does my computer think it's blank? And how can I copy a DVD?

I have a DVD I recorded from my tv. I am trying to make copies and when I insert the DVD, I get a message saying the DVD is blank, which it is not. My questions are: Why does my computer think it's blank? And how can I copy the DVD providing my computer recognizes there is content on it?

Thanks, Sheila

iBook G4 (14-inch Mid 2005), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 11:51 AM

TV video typically is copyrighted content. We'd be breaking several rules trying to help you. Good luck!

1 reply

I have a DVD I recorded from my tv. I am trying to make copies and when I insert the DVD I get a message saying it is blank even though it is not. My question are: Why does my computer think it's blank? And how can I copy a DVD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.