Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 has any one noticed the screen glass is very weak????

Hi i nocked my i phone 5 off my coffee table from about 800mm = around 1 and half foot and the screen cracked , then i discovered that the manufacture of the glass for i phone 4 has not made screen for i phone 5 !!! i am going get to the bottom of this 😠

iPhone 5

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:32 PM

13 replies

Nov 15, 2012 1:04 PM in response to deni98

Those sites that have tested the iPhone 5 for drop resistance felt that it was actually more rugged than previous models. There is no "bottom" to get to; you just had bad luck in exactly how it fell. For every model of phone, you'll find reports of people subjecting their phone to extreme situations with no damage while others have damage from a short drop like yours.

As to your claim about the glass manufacturer, Apple has not announced who made the glass nor has any glass manufacturer provided such information, so it may or may not be the same company.

Regards.

Message was edited by: varjak paw

Nov 15, 2012 1:17 PM in response to varjak paw

Hi , if you do some investigation i think you will find that the iphone 4 screen was manufactured by ' gorilla glass' which is a great system but apple would not agree on price to supply iphone 5 screen so apple went alone !! and in the uk their are many people complaining about ' glass ' screen issues trust me i went to the carphone warehouse and they explained they were flooded with iphone 5 's with screen cracks !!!!!! , but hay lets hold this space i will be back with plenty of info soon just doing more investigation now .

regards

Nov 15, 2012 1:30 PM in response to deni98

Sorry, but I think it's you who should do the homework. Apple has not, since the first iPhone, said what glass manufacturer they have been using. "Gorilla Glass" is a trademark for Corning's aluminosilicate glass, not a company as you stated, and there are other companies who make aluminosilicate glass as well as other types of toughened glass. Apple could be using any of them or indeed more than one, Corning among them. Again, we do not know who has made any of the glass since the first iPhone.

Your comments are pure speculation. And just FYI, given how much misinformation Carphone Warehouse gives out, I wouldn't take anything they tell you as automatically true and certainly wouldn't quote them as any sort of verification of any point you are attempting to make.

Further discussion is useless, so there is no need to post back. If you broke your iPhone, you will need to pay to replace it, regardless of your rather misinformed opinion as to the overall ruggedness.

iphone 5 has any one noticed the screen glass is very weak????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.