Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo filter style?

Can somebody please tell me the difference between the kind of filters used in these photos:

First:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/20/article-2205888-1519EF8B000005DC-943_6 34x805.jpg

Second:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/20/article-2205888-151944C2000005DC-896_6 34x1051.jpg

The first has a sort of platinum look to it and the other is more realistic, I prefer the platinum!

MacBook (13-inch Late 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.3), 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:44 PM

6 replies

Nov 16, 2012 4:14 PM in response to Aye Es Oh

Ah, interesting, I never use the Adjustment feature, I like to leave my photos untouched or "real" as I like to call them. I think it could just have been a bulb flash and nothing was changed, although I'm sure an effect can be applied it was probably accidental.

I only ask because I like the effect, I think it's flattering, maybe it's the colour of clothes she's wearing?

Nov 16, 2012 7:45 PM in response to Hamper

ALL photos are processed. There is NOTHING -- really, truly, and importantly -- "real" about them. What you see is the result of hundreds of thousands of hours of engineering. If you like something, what you like is the result of choices made my engineers ahead of time and applied at the moment of exposure.

You can live with those choices, or you can make your own. But it is a mistake -- scientifically, aesthetically, and philosophically -- to think that those choices represent anything more "real" than other choices. Leaving your digital camera files untouched does not make them "real" -- it just means how they look was decided by engineers who never saw the scene you attempted to record with a digital light recorder.

Photo filter style?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.