Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps downloaded on iTunes won't sync to iPhone 3GS

Hi and thanks in advance for your help.

There are some apps that I have downloaded on my Mac through iTunes that wont sync to my iPhone. My iTunes says I have 70 apps and my iPhone says I have 68.

I have Mac OS X 10.7 and an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.3.3.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:32 PM

7 replies

Nov 15, 2012 3:19 PM in response to sberman

They are not iPads apps. The two apps that won't sync are in the iPhone and iPod touch apps.

Yes I see the 70 apps in the apps tab under LIBRARY in iTunes.

My apps are not set up to sync under the Apps tab (DEVICES) because when I select Sync Apps, it says that it will delete the apps data and replace it with apps in iTunes.

Nov 15, 2012 3:30 PM in response to Narcisse2

Before doing that, please make sure the sync is only one way -- in other words, you don't want the 68 apps deleted. I'm pretty sure that won't happen, but without plugging my own iPhone into iTunes, I can't honestly recall if there's some box you have to check to make sure the sync goes only one way -- introduces the new apps from your computer to your iPhone.

Nov 15, 2012 7:58 PM in response to Narcisse2

Outstanding! That sounds like exactly the result you hoped for.

By the way, in case it helps, I sync all my apps all the time. The data in the apps on my iPhone does not get destroyed each time.

I'm not suggesting you start syncing all your apps now, as there's no reason to do that. But I am thinking that one of these days you might replace your iPhone 3GS with a later model, and use iTunes to populate your new iPhone with apps you had on your 3GS, and that won't be a bad experience.

Good luck!

Apps downloaded on iTunes won't sync to iPhone 3GS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.