Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I install a plug-in?

I have downloaded and installed a couple of plug-in applications from the Apple Aperture site, but when I open Aperture I get a message that no plug-in's are installed. I believe I followed the download and installation processes correctly, so how do I get to see these packages from Aperture? I am using Aperture 3.4.2.

Thanks

iMac - 27 inch Intel core i7, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:24 PM

3 replies

Nov 15, 2012 3:01 PM in response to Drew59

Which plug-ins did you install?
Some of the plug-ins from the Aperture menu - plug-ins link are outdated and do not work any longer with Aperture 3.4, see Aperture 3.4 and later: Some third-party plug-ins are no longer compatible

For example, the Maperture Pro plug-in cannot longer be registered, also the link to BorderFX leads to an outdated version, try http://www.iborderfx.com/BorderFX instead.

If you install successfully, the plug-ins should be installed in the system library in the folder

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins , in subfolders "Edit" or "Export".

Once installed, you access them from the Photos-menu, "Edit with Plug-In" after selecting an image in the Browser.

Regards

Léonie

Nov 16, 2012 2:10 PM in response to Drew59

I also have those plug-ins, and they should be installed in the system library in the following sub folders:

Toonit! :

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Digital Anarchy/ToonIt 2.6

HCS Edit:

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/HSCEdit_Ape.ApertureEdit

Both appear in the "Photos" menu in Aperture, if I select an image, ctrl-click, and select "Edit with plug-in"

how do I install a plug-in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.