Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB adapter for Apple Earphones that will let you use both audio and mic simultaneously for a phone conversation?

I like the Apple Earphones (the iPhone headphone with audio, mic and remote) but I hate to keep plugging it on and off my Macbook Air. So I heard the only way to fix that is to buy a USB headphone so you can switch it on and off through software. Problem is that I like my Apple Earphones and I want to keep using it but now through USB. Is there a USB adaptor that will work with the Earphone, in other words, that will make both headphone and mic work at the same time for a phone conversation?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 11:31 PM

I found a solution on Amazon.

They call it a 4 Pole 3.5mm to USB Audio Adapter. The manufacturer is apparently SIIG and there are huge variances in pricing for these. I found one for $35 but most are priced around $100 on there.

Here is one in stock at the higher end of the price spectrum: http://smile.amazon.com/SIIG-Stereo-Adapter-Headset-CE-SA0111-S1/dp/B00H34G1PY/r ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455435048&sr=8-1&keywords=4+pole+3.5mm+usb+adapter+siig

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 11:31 PM in response to saoj

I found a solution on Amazon.

They call it a 4 Pole 3.5mm to USB Audio Adapter. The manufacturer is apparently SIIG and there are huge variances in pricing for these. I found one for $35 but most are priced around $100 on there.

Here is one in stock at the higher end of the price spectrum: http://smile.amazon.com/SIIG-Stereo-Adapter-Headset-CE-SA0111-S1/dp/B00H34G1PY/r ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455435048&sr=8-1&keywords=4+pole+3.5mm+usb+adapter+siig

USB adapter for Apple Earphones that will let you use both audio and mic simultaneously for a phone conversation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.