Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ram Issues

Hello, I am looking for a resolve to my low RAM problem, I purchased a TB to conserve memory. Are there any recommendations for getting some of my RAM back, without purchasing new RAM?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 3:13 PM

Are you talking about "RAM memory" or "storage space?" The latter would be a disk drive. I assume you mean the latter because no Mac can have 1 TB of RAM.

5 replies

Nov 15, 2012 3:31 PM in response to DBanks13

You don't do anything. RAM is volatile and empties out when you shutdown. Otherwise, the OS memory manager controls memory allocations to running applications. i think you are referring to space on your internal disk drive from which you boot the computer.

Freeing Up Space on The Hard Drive

1. See Lion's Storage Display.

2. You can remove data from your Home folder except for the /Home/Library/ folder.

3. Visit The XLab FAQs and read the FAQ on freeing up space on your hard drive.

4. Also see Freeing space on your Mac OS X startup disk.

5. See Where did my Disk Space go?.

6. See The Storage Display.

You must Empty the Trash in order to recover the space they occupied on the hard drive.

You should consider replacing the drive with a larger one. Check out OWC for drives, tutorials, and toolkits.

Ram Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.