Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jerky animations with 15inch retina MBP and NVIDIA card

Hi all.

Usually my 15inch retina MBP (2.7 i7, 16GB, 750GB SSD running 10.8.2) runs smoothly. However, when I open any application that uses the discrete graphics card, the NVIDIA GeForce Gt 650M, the animations within Mountain Lion all become jerky. This is most noticible when I opening the dock (esp maginification of icons) and opening mission control (especially scrolling between pages). They are incredible jerky and really disctact from using the computer. Once I close the app, everything goes back to normal. I've checked the behaviour by running gfxCardStatus and this confirms it's only when the NVIDIA card is being used.

I've run all the latest update.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:27 PM

Try a NVPRAM reset: Power down the mac, power back up and immediatly (before the start chime) press and hold the following keys: option, command,P,R. Continue to hold the keys till you hear the start chime 2 times then release. Afterboot completes, try rebooting. Hope this helps.

5 replies

Jerky animations with 15inch retina MBP and NVIDIA card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.