Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help. I recently downloaded Call of Duty Black Ops from the App Storeand now i want to upgrade my graphics on my late 2009 13 inch macbook. how can i do this?

When I first played it it seemed to be working fine. But after a while it just keeps on crashing. Nvidia says that this is most liely to be a graphic problem, so does Activision. So is there any way I can change my graphics card?

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:19 PM

3 replies

Nov 16, 2012 11:58 AM in response to frederic1943

So if I can't change my graphics card, is there any different way I could upgrade my graphics? Or is there another way I could make my Black Ops work by changing something else?

PS. On my Late 2009 13 inch Macbook i have already upgraded my RAM to 4GB. I won't be upgrading to 8GB because even though everything will say that I have 8GB installed on Freememory(See Mac App Store for details) it will say that I can only use half of it, and it says the same on any other application, all except for the ones provided by Apple. Notice how Apple can be very annoying.

Nov 16, 2012 12:50 PM in response to Ilhun

I forgot to say, that it only crashes on certain places, especially where it has to process a lot of data. If you've ever played Black Ops before, you'd know what I mean. And if you play the levels the right way you can get past them without making them crash. It usually crashes on these levels:

Vorkuta

- Part where you have to get the harpoon and take down the helicopter

- Step 7: Raise ****.

Crash

- At the very biggining. After the video plays and the level loads it crashes.

Revenge

- Part where you've killed the soviet and woods pulls you up. It probably crashes because it's a pretty big map and it's got to load everything th helicopter does.

On other levels it usually doesn't crash, but if you do something too quickly it will. And I have a suspicion that it's got something to do with pausing the download when you get it from the App Store. A firend and I both paused the download and it doesn't work properly. All my other friend's Black Ops seems to be working fine.

Help. I recently downloaded Call of Duty Black Ops from the App Storeand now i want to upgrade my graphics on my late 2009 13 inch macbook. how can i do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.