No windows pages are displayed when I try to open a website or simply a new tab on my IMac although if I right click on the Safari icon in the dock it indicates that the pages I tried to open are listed as opened. I rebuilt the directory on my MacHD with Disk Warrior but that didn't help. I used my MacBrook Pro to do a little sleuthing and it seems possible that I need to do a reload of Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or can I get away with reloading Safari 5.1.7? Any suggestions as to what I should do will be muchly appreciated (including any that would be different than what I mentioned above).
Also, If I reload Safari 5.1.7 from the Apple site, I assume I should uninstall the Safari that isnt working before i do the new install?
I'm having difficulty visualizing what is wrong but try some basic steps first:
- Launch Safari while holding a Shift key - this will start Safari with just your Home page
- If you can see Reset Safari from the Safari menu, try that.
- In addition to downloading and installing Safari again, try reapplying just the Snow Leopard Combo Update: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399
- There is no need to uninstall Safari first.
- Lastly try deleting Safari's Preferences file: ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist