2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 9:35 AM by viccov
viccov Level 1 Level 1

No windows pages are displayed when I try to open a website or simply a new tab on my IMac although if I right click on the Safari icon in the dock it indicates that the pages I tried to open are listed as opened.  I rebuilt the directory on my MacHD with Disk Warrior but that didn't help.  I used my MacBrook Pro to do a little sleuthing and it seems possible that I need to do a reload of Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or can I get away with reloading Safari 5.1.7?  Any suggestions as to what I should do will be muchly appreciated (including any that would be different than what I mentioned above).

Thanks,

Vic Covaleski

Also, If I reload Safari 5.1.7 from the Apple site, I assume I should uninstall the Safari that isnt working before i do the new install?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
Solved by John Galt on Nov 15, 2012 9:13 PM Solved

I'm having difficulty visualizing what is wrong but try some basic steps first:

• Launch Safari while holding a Shift key - this will start Safari with just your Home page
  • If you can see Reset Safari from the Safari menu, try that.
  • In addition to downloading and installing Safari again, try reapplying just the Snow Leopard Combo Update: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399
    • There is no need to uninstall Safari first.
  • Lastly try deleting Safari's Preferences file: ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist
  • John Galt Level 8 Level 8

I'm having difficulty visualizing what is wrong but try some basic steps first:

• Launch Safari while holding a Shift key - this will start Safari with just your Home page
    • If you can see Reset Safari from the Safari menu, try that.
    • In addition to downloading and installing Safari again, try reapplying just the Snow Leopard Combo Update: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399
      • There is no need to uninstall Safari first.
    • Lastly try deleting Safari's Preferences file: ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist
  • viccov Level 1 Level 1

I tried each step in sequence (rebooting between each one and checking to see if any of the steps corrected the problem) and as of last night it still wasn't working.  This morning I booted up and it is now working. 

Thank you very much for the help.