Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

soft touch click windows 7 bootcamp driver?

Hello,

You know how you can just tap softly, not click, the touch pad to click something? Well, can this feature exist for Windows 7 bootcamp? I hate to click the touchpad too often, one, because it makes a loud noise, two, because I'm afraid it won't last. If you guys know, that would help a lot. I'm not sure what you call this feature. I just think it's soft touch or tap or something like that. eh, you know what I mean. Almost all pc laptop have this feature. My MBA has this too, but in the OS X side, not in my windows bootcamp. Please please help if there is a driver or solution for this.

Many thanks!

MacBook Air, Windows 7, mid 2012 model

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 8:59 PM

That feature is available. First, press Option key on boot, start in Mac OS X, open Boot Camp Assistant and download the drivers. Then, burn them into a USB drive or DVD, start in Windows and install the drivers. Finally, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Boot Camp > Trackpad and tick that option

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2012 8:59 PM in response to wparulian5

That feature is available. First, press Option key on boot, start in Mac OS X, open Boot Camp Assistant and download the drivers. Then, burn them into a USB drive or DVD, start in Windows and install the drivers. Finally, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Boot Camp > Trackpad and tick that option

soft touch click windows 7 bootcamp driver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.